What Cosmetic Dentistry Can Do For Your Smile
Even the tiniest problem with your teeth can make you feel reluctant to smile. No matter what your smile issue, your dentist can offer solutions that will make you feel more confident about your appearance. Lincoln, NE, dentist Dr. Thomas Blankenau of Caring Family Dentistry offers services and treatments that help you and your entire family enjoy healthy smiles.
Can cosmetic dentistry help me?
You're a good candidate for a cosmetic dentistry treatment if you have:
- Imperfections, such as chips or cracks, in your teeth
- Missing teeth
- Dull or discolored teeth
- Damaged or fragile teeth
- Oddly shaped or crooked teeth
- Gaps between your teeth
What types of treatments are available?
Your Lincoln dentist may recommend one or more of these cosmetic dentistry treatments:
- Teeth Whitening: Whether your teeth have become dull to your daily morning latte, cigarette smoking or simply the effects of aging, teeth whitening can lighten your smile by three to eight shades. Whitening treatment generally lasts a few years and can keep your smile bright even longer if you avoid substances that stain teeth.
- Dental Veneers: Veneers are an excellent choice if you want to cover minor imperfections in your tooth enamel, change the shape or length of a tooth, hide gaps between teeth or conceal discolorations. Thin tooth-shaped pieces of porcelain are attached to your teeth with dental cement, concealing a variety of problems.
- Crowns: Crowns protect your teeth and can also be used to restore them or improve their appearance. The restorations slide over your teeth, covering them completely. Before you receive a crown, your tooth will need to be prepared to ensure a comfortable fit. A crown may be recommended if your tooth is cracked or weak, you've recently had a root canal, you need to restore a broken tooth, or you want to improve the appearance of a crooked, oddly shaped or short tooth.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants, the newest restoration method, give you a brand new tooth. Implants consist of a titanium post that acts as an artificial root, a dental crown and an abutment that connects the post to the crown. The implant bonds to your jawbone and becomes a permanent part of your mouth.
Are you ready to improve your smile? Call Lincoln, NE, dentist Dr. Thomas Blankenau of Caring Family Dentistry at (402) 423-9344 to schedule your appointment.